Sailing at the Jersey Shore
Come on and join us for some fun!
Have you been looking for an affordable, no-hassle way to get more time on the water this year? Why not do your sailing with us along the Jersey Shore for this season?
Our membership program is simply the easiest way to regularly sail on a beautiful cruising vessel at the shore, without all the expense and work that normally goes with it. Our location includes diverse waterways that can offer many different options so members can enjoy their time on board. The varied sailing membership levels appeal to everyone from beginners to “old salts,” offering a choice of just a few “sailtimes” a month or providing at least seven or more, for those who want to get out more often.
What’s sailing like in our region? Well, the afternoon sea breeze arrives between noon and 1:00 PM almost every day. Really! So, our sails are up almost all season long! This beautiful seashore location gives our members the enjoyment of the sailing lifestyle with the added benefit of also enjoying a relaxing day at the beach. Add to that, the many beautiful, local navigable tributaries, where it’s easy to find a waterside restaurant for a fun dock and dine experience, or multiple nearby anchorages where it’s easy to slip away to enjoy a quiet night on the hook.
Feel free to call 866-724-5101 to find out more. I’ll look forward to talking with you soon!
Capt. Cherie Kemper-Starner
*** Announcements ***
1. The countdown is on to the first day of our 2017 sailing season. Now is the time to sign up to reserve your place, so you’re among the first to schedule your orientation to be ready for the opening of the season. There are a few openings left! – MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL: We’re offering a $500 discount off the Orientation fee! Call us to find out the details.
2. We’re very interested in new boats for our fleet! We pay the insurance, slip fees and maintenance costs, plus pay you to use your boat in our program. For more information about the benefits of Owner Membership click here. Contact us for more details about how you can get some assistance with buying that new Beneteau sailboat you’ve been dreaming about!
3. We offer 2 SailTime membership levels to skipper the boat on your own. A SailTime Classic membership gets you on board for 7 monthly reservations, plus unlimited “as available time” or, if you’re just learning and can only commit to a little boat time to practice your new skills, a Lite membership provides 3 reservations each month.
4. If you’re just learning and are looking for some time to practice your new skills, we also have a Crew Membership. This program offers a couple of sails per month where you and 3 other crew members sail under the guidance of a licensed USCG Captain, providing a fun and informal instructional opportunity. Call 866-724-5101 to find out more details on how this works.
5. We’d be happy to set up a private appointment for a boat visit. The boats are available for a “walk through.” Coming out to the dock is the best way to check out the marina, the layout of the boat and to have your questions answered in person. Contact us at 866-724-5101 or send a message to email@example.com to set up a meeting.
Join as a fan of SailTime Jersey Shore on Facebook to see some of the fun we’ve been having.
Local Waterway Information:
You’ll find our boats at the Ocean Gate Yacht Basin on Bayview Ave. in Ocean Gate, NJ. This conveniently located marina sits at the junction where Tom’s River meets the Barnegat Bay. You’ll be able to sail in a seashore atmosphere, anchor in a quiet harbor or even do a bit of crabbing to take a chance at catching your dinner for the evening. Your experience will vary from an exhilarating sail on a comfortable heel down the bay to viewing a breathtaking night sky while you bob on the anchor in a secluded cove. And that could happen all in the same day!
A sail west on Tom’s River reveals the beautiful shoreline adorned with the “gingerbread” style homes of Island Heights. But you’ll be equally entertained by watching one of the regional yacht club’s match races. Making your way to the head of the river you might score a slip to venture into Baker’s Water Street Grill for some great seafood.
Heading east out of the marina, just a short distance from the mouth of the river, we’re often treated to Seaside’s Wednesday night fireworks show that goes off over the boardwalk.
Heading south on the bay you can make your way onto the Forked River for a lunch stop at the Captain’s Inn or even grab a slip at Southwinds Marina for a great overnight stay and a great dinner at Latitudes.
Join in the fun at Tice’s Shoal, a spot where you’ll find many boats anchored, people swimming, lounging, playing in the water or catching some sun.
Or simply sail south to the Barnegat Lighthouse and drop an anchor to enjoy its beauty at night.
Skilled sailors will be able to journey through either the Manasquan or Barnegat Inlets towards the Atlantic Ocean to make a trip to Atlantic City, Cape May, or even northward towards Sandy Hook and New York Harbor.
Whether you stay inside the bay or venture out to the ocean you’ll gain valuable sailing experience in a region with a long sailing history; all while creating many treasured, lifelong memories with your family and friends!
Check out the photos of our members having fun! Visit our Facebook page and join as a fan!
SailTime Jersey Shore on Facebook
We’re actively seeking to grow our fleet with larger sailboats, and are interested in expanding into other Jersey Shore locations. If you’re interested in purchasing a boat for the program, please be sure to let us know!
Contact us at 866-SAIL101 or firstname.lastname@example.org