SailTime has the largest network of professional sailing schools in the world. With 40 schools certifying students to the American Sailing Association (ASA), US Sailing, and the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) standards, we are able to take the best techniques and materials from each school and share them with you.
When choosing a SailTime sailing school, you are getting access to knowledge and best practices from around the world. Many of our schools and instructors have been recognized as “School of the Year” and “Instructor of the Year” by the American Sailing Association. At a SailTime affiliated sailing school, you can be assured that you are getting the best sailing instruction on the highest quality yachts available. Our new Hunter and Beneteau sailboats are equipped with the latest electronics and safety equipment. Your SailTime affiliated sailing school will teach you the skills and decision making that you need to safely and confidently make your first solo sail, or to head off to sea on the adventure of a life time.
Our members and students are busy people and want to get the most out of their time on the water, so our smaller class sizes facilitate a much more productive learning environment. Many of our schools offer private classes and limit the open enrolment class sizes. We understand that different people learn in different ways. We use a combination of techniques to best fit your learning style including graphic-intensive presentation material (for visual learners), boat models (for tactile learners), and on-the-water coaching (for people who learn by doing).
The courses are taught in a logical progression that builds your skills, understanding, and confidence. You can be assured that you will get plenty of hands on time at the helm. With a heavy emphasis on seamanship, boat systems, and cruising, you will soon be ready to head out on your own.
All US based SailTime affiliated instructors are licensed US Coast Guard captains and/or certified ASA instructors. They go through a rigorous training and testing process to reach that level, and are further qualified by us as great teachers. We only hire the best. They love to share their knowledge and help students develop skills at their own pace in a relaxed and fun environment.
- Learning to sail safely and in a professional and supportive environment will build your skills and confidence quickly, and it will keep it fun!
- Learning to sail based on a logically sequenced curriculum will help you understand “why” you are doing something, not just “how”
- Certifications are required by SailTime and other charter companies before they will allow you to take the boats.
Steps to Certification
- Select a SailTime sailing school near you or a vacation destination
- Request information from that school and decide on the course that is right for you
- Pick your dates and hit the books!