Come Sailing in Philadelphia!
Thanks for stopping by to find out more about sailing in the Greater Philadelphia area.
While being close to home, members in our region can go sailing without making a road trip; and yes, there’s good sailing to be had in Philadelphia! Plus, you’ll find many of the city’s exciting restaurants, cultural offerings and historical treasures just a couple of blocks away from where the boats are moored!
Imagine hopping in the car to head to the boat after work to get in a mid-week escape, sailing along Penn’s Landing! As soon as you clear the breakwater you can raise the sails for a fantastic cruise along our historic waterfront.
Whether you want to learn to sail, be part of a crew, or skipper the boat on your own, we’ve got a solution for you!
*** Announcements ***
1. We’ve relocated on the waterfront in Philly and now call Penn’s Landing Marina our home. This is a new location for us in the city and is in the heart of all of the great activities that regularly occur throughout the season.
2. There are several options to sail with us for the upcoming 2016 season! We have openings for our Beneteau Oceanis 41 tri-cabin and a two cabin Hunter 33. Call 866-724-5101 to find out more and to reserve one of the remaining spots!
3. We’re offering a discount of $500 off of the Orientation Fee. This special will be available until the end of the month, so don’t delay!
4. Our sailing school calendar is posted for this season. We are an ASA school and offer “beginner’s” courses through more advanced, multi-day, live-aboard courses. Give us a call for the details.
5. Gift certificates make great gifts and are available for a class, a Captained charter, a Crew Membership or a membership to skipper the boat. (Call 866-SAIL101 to purchase one.)
Membership Options :
We now offer even more flexibility to meet our members needs.
- Classic membership guarantees 7 sessions plus unlimited “as available” time
- Lite membership provides 3 monthly reservations (not available on the Beneteau 41)
Or call to find out how to gain some CrewTime to gain skill, while sailing for fun under the guidance of a licensed USCG Captain/Instructor.
Feel free to call 866-724-5101 if you have questions or want to schedule a meeting.
The Delaware River offers an exciting challenge to satisfy every boater’s interest. There are many places to explore as you head north or south from the city. You can even make your way to the Chesapeake Bay by way of the C&D Canal.
Imagine a sail before sunset, returning the boat to its slip, then hopping over a few blocks for a wonderful meal in downtown Philadelphia. Plus you can add sleeping on board to your evening’s adventure! You can plan a night like this; all for less than you’d spend for a night in a hotel in the city.
Step aboard our vessels that are harbored right at the marina on Penn’s Landing . Our sailing area offers the excitement of sailing in a big city. Not only will you be able to raise the sails as soon as you clear the marina’s breakwater, you’ll also gain valuable experience by boating in our active port location. There’s so much to learn in our location plus all of the excitement of the great down-town atmosphere is only a few blocks away!
Become a fan of our SailTime Philadelphia Facebook page.
Our sister base at the Jersey Shore offers memberships to sail the Barnegat Bay, launching from the Ocean Gate Yacht Basin. This can be your waterfront property for many adventures at the shore this summer.
Located where Tom’s River joins the bay, you’ll be able to sail in a seashore atmosphere, anchor in a quiet harbor or even do a bit of crabbing to take a chance at catching your dinner for the evening. There are many spots to dock and dine or to grab a mooring ball.
On Tom’s River enjoy the beautiful shoreline adorned with gingerbread style homes or keep yourself entertained by watching the match races put on by one of the regional yacht clubs.
SailTime Jersey Shore on Facebook
To secure one of the open memberships give us a call – 866-SAIL101.
Feel free to contact us with your questions! We’ll look forward to sailing with you soon.