We motivate students to enjoy their experience in a safe, productive and comfortable environment, but most importantly, we want everyone to have FUN!
The beginning course is designed to prepare a student for day sailing on a boat powered only by the wind. As students progress through the classes they’ll gain knowledge, and experience, on bigger vessels that have more complex systems and are also powered by inboard engines.
This graduated learning process allows students to reinforce and develop practical “on-the-water” skills while also gaining valuable boating knowledge, serving to gradually round out a sailor’s education.
Where: Ocean Gate Yacht Basin Time: 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Text book, log book and certification are all included in the fee (1 yr. of ASA membership is included for basic sailing students.)
- Classes are taught by USCG Licensed Captains who are certified ASA instructors
- Our basic class is held over three days (allowing for time to review & better retention)
- We teach on newer model, fully equipped boats to maximize safety
- Discounts apply to multiple students in a group – 2 take $25 off ea. or 3 take $35 off ea.
- Schedule a basic course for your group when you want- Rate is $1600 for up to 4
- “Women’s Only” classes and private instruction are also available
- ASA classes may be challenged
- Gift Certificate are available
- SailTime members and returning students receive a 10% discount