Learn to Sail With SailTime!
We motivate students to enjoy their experience in a safe, productive and comfortable environment, but most importantly, we want everyone to have FUN!
The beginning course is designed to prepare a student for day sailing on a boat powered only by the wind. As students progress through the classes they’ll gain knowledge, and experience, on bigger vessels that have more complex systems and are also powered by inboard engines.
This graduated learning process allows students to reinforce and develop practical “on-the-water” skills while also gaining valuable boating knowledge, serving to gradually round out a sailor’s education.
Where: Ocean Gate Yacht Basin
Time: 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Text book, log book and certification are all included in the fee (1 yr. of ASA membership is included for basic sailing students.)
- Classes are taught by USCG Licensed Captains who are certified ASA instructors
- Our basic class is held over three days (allowing for time to review & better retention)
- We teach on newer model, fully equipped boats to maximize safety
- Discounts apply to multiple students in a group – 2 take $25 off ea. or 3 take $35 off ea.
- Schedule a basic course for your group when you want- Rate is $1600 for up to 4
- “Women’s Only” classes and private instruction are also available
- ASA classes may be challenged
- Gift Certificate are available
- SailTime members and returning students receive a 10% discount
ASA 101 Course
Students learn to sail a boat of about 20 feet in length in moderate winds and sea conditions in familiar waters without supervision.
ASA 103 Course
Students will learn to skills to perform as skipper or crew of a 30-50 foot boat by sailing in coastal waters.
ASA 104 Course
ASA 105 Course
ASA 106 Course
Students will learn how to pilot a cruising catamaran between 30 to 50 feet in length during a multi-day live-a-board cruise in near coastal waters.
ASA 118 Course
ASA 103/104 Combo Course
The ASA 103/104 course is a 5-day, 4-night class covering the material of ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising and ASA 104 Bareboat Charter.